James Township Hall

Michigan Map

Township Hall
6060 Swan Creek Road

Phone: (989) 781-1353

Fax: (989) 781-9086

Office Hours        

Monday thru Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm


Township Services

Assessing Information
Fire Department
Parks and Recreation
Code Enforcement
Recycle and Rubbish Collection
Floodplain Management
Water Department
Mosquito Control

Assessing Information Return to Top

Assessing information for James Township properties is available online at the Saginaw County GIS Authority website using the link below:

Saginaw Area G.I.S. Authority

Fire Department Return to Top

Celebrating 50 Years of Service to James Township

The James Township volunteer Fire Department is in need of volunteers.  Please consider this rewarding community service and contact Fire Department personnel at the following:

Carl Portner, Fire Chief

Email the Fire Department at  Large

Fire Station

James Township Fire Department Website

Call the James Township Fire Department at 781-2023 for burning permits.

Parks and Recreation Return to Top

Michigan Townships Sing-a-long

James Township also hosts a segment of the Saginaw Valley Rail Trail.  One of the parking lots for this trail's end is located on Stroebel Road, just west of the Weigl Road intersection.

Saginaw Valley Rail Trail   James Township Park

Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge

James Township also hosts a series of trails that are part of the Saginaw Shiawassee Federal Wildlife Refuge.  This site is located on Stroebel Road, East of S. Center Road.


To view the James Township


Recycle and Rubbish Collection Return to Top

Recycle-Motion Getting Easier: MMWA Moving To No-Sort Recycling

James Township's weekly rubbish, yard waste & recyclable materials pickup is on Friday.  When a holiday occurs during the week, the pickup will be on Saturday.

Recycle bins may be purchased at the James Township Hall for $8.00 each.

James Township contracts with the Mid Michigan Waste Authority for this service.  For service information, specific material collection and drop-off sites, an special collections for hazardous waste materials, please contact the Mid Michigan Waste Authority at http://www.recyclemotion.org.

This Authority has numerous "special collections" throughout the year for computers, hazardous materials, oils, paints and such. 

Click here for information about recycling old computers.  

Click here for information about recycling in general.

Adobe Reader® 7.0 software - This software is needed to view PDF documents

Water Department Return to Top

For any water distribution emergencies, contact Mark Jebb at 989-737-1969

For billing concerns, contact the James Township Hall at 989-781-1353. 

Brochure on Cross Connections